About the Pioneer Country Travel Council
The Pioneer Country Travel Council is supported by the Idaho Travel Council. It is funded through a two percent (2%) tax on the sale of hotels, motels, and private campground accommodations. We promote tourism in Region 5 which includes Power, Oneida, Bannock, Bingham, Caribou, Bear Lake, Franklin Counties.
Do you serve tourists in Southeast Idaho? If so, have your employees watch our Idaho State University's Continuing Education Workforce Training Customer Service Video Series! It gives an overview of the importance of Idaho’s tourists and how we can help ensure they enjoy their time in Southeast Idaho.
Meetings & Membership
The Pioneer Country Travel Council meets every month and is dedicated to Promoting Tourism in Region 5 Southeast Idaho. Being a member of PCTC is a great asset to you and your community to promote your town and events. Below are some benefits of being a member of PCTC.
- Members promote their City Events and list them on the Calendar of Events page on www.seidaho.org PCTC promotes all of Region 5, Southeast Idaho, by advertising in the following publications: Idaho State Travel Guide, AAA Tourbook, True West Directory, True West Sourcebook, Idaho Travel Council
- Co-ops, SnoWest Guide, American Road Magazine, SLC CVB Magazine, SLC Weekly, Boise Weekly, American Bird Magazine, KSFI Radio in SLC, UT, American Road Magazine, SnoWest Western Guide, Utah Snow Scoop Magazine, RV Life, Outdoor Utah, Bird Watchers Digest, Zions Community Magazine, Trout Unlimited, GoIdaho.com, VisitSaltLake.com, Westworld Magazine and Rocky Mountain International Magazines in Germany & England.
- PCTC members attend Travel Shows every year to promote Region 5. We attend the International Sportsman’s Expo and Morris Murdock Travel Show in Salt Lake City, The Utah Travel Expo in Layton, UT, Boise Rec. Fest in ID and AAA Arizona Highways Show in Phoenix, AZ. We attend International Shows at Rocky Mountain International Round Up and Go West International Travel Show and National Travel Association Convention.
- PCTC focuses on directing consumers to our website for information on things to do and see in Southeast Idaho. We update our regional website and track all hits and visitors per month.
- Members can participate in the Small Community Brochures Program, which provides assistance with cash-match to print or re-print a community brochure. PCTC is partnered with the Idaho Scenic Byway Program promoting Region 5 Scenic and Historic Byways.
- Members enjoy Voice and Vote in guiding PCTC activities for upcoming promotional opportunities.
Brochure Application Guidelines
Pioneer Country Travel Council Bylaws
ITC Grant Expenditure Report
Please help us promote Southeast Idaho and our website!
Just copy and past the text below into your website:
Southeast Idaho Hotels, Lodging, Camping, Vacations, Fishing, Snowmobiling
Pioneer Country Travel Council
PO Box 669, Lava Hot Springs, Idaho 83246
1-888-201-1063 or 208-776-5221